Sometimes, the working life intimidates me. An evil glare staring at me, and will probably stare still for the rest of my life, till retirement of course. Today, I went to a career fair. 86 of the largest, most reputable companies in Australia are there, each having a corner of their own. But more compelling was the amount of people there, and in fact, the amount of foreign students browsing around with the 'looks' of a distinction student. I do not know if I can be compared with them. I do not know if I'm good enough to secure a job in one of those 86 household names. But what I know is I am damn well gonna give it a shot, to embrace the struggle, to keep my head above water in the competition I am going to face, and to be the person I always wanted to be.
I am trying, but I wondered if I have tried my best. My thoughts tell me that I still have an extra mile to go, an extra gear to shift in. Maybe I'm not feeling as desperate as I am portraying, but the more the time passes, the more I can smell that stench. The stench that may allow me to find that extra bit.
Besides the whole miserable job hunt, life has been alright. Met new people, went new places, drank more coffee :P, and trying hard to break the routine life. Oh and I met someone really interesting, feels like years when its only a month. Will see how it goes.
Other than that, there isn't any much to update about. I'm also partially bored which is why I decide to post something :O
Till the next post, WILL THE ECONOMY TURN FOR THE BETTER ALREADY PLEASE!?!? Haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
my friend Peter said "kesian the people who graduated last year, economy so bad, hard to find jobs".
Post a Comment